Yesterday was Braden's birthday! We had a great time celebrating his 26th. I woke up a little early and made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I told him that he could go anywhere he wanted for dinner, and he decided to go to the revolving restaurant in the Tower of the America's in downtown San Antonio. After work we headed to the tower a little earlier than our reservations so we could get happy hour price drinks and appetizers (if you want to experience the tower but don't want to do dinner, this is the way to go!), and then walked down the stairs to the restaurant for dinner. It was a really fun experience!
Here we are at HemisFair Park, right outside the tower
Our view when we first sat down for dinner. We were able to make it all the way around!
Dinner
Birthday boy!
Downtown San Antonio at sunset
It was hard to get a good sunset picture because of the glare off the windows, but this gives you an idea. It was absolutely breathtaking! We rotated around at the perfect time to watch the sunset, and got to see the exact moment when it dropped behind the horizon. The food was good, I got a shrimp linguine and Braden got a shrimp medley, though you were definitely paying for the experience. It was a lot of fun a definitely a memorable experience! After dinner, we went home and Braden had some of his birthday lemon meringue pie.
This weekend I have to work so we won't be doing anything too exciting, although I am so excited for college football to be back! Can't wait to cheer on my Baylor Bears (Sic em!), Arkansas Razorbacks (Woo Pig Sooie!), and Texas Longhorns (Hook em!). We definitely have lots of affiliations in our house (Braden is a TCU fan) which always makes football fun! I am hoping to make it to one last Baylor game before we move. Here's to a fun week 1 of college football!





No comments:
Post a Comment