Sunday, August 18, 2013

Can I hit repeat?

Sometimes I wish life had a repeat button. This weekend was so much fun getting to spend time with a one of my best friends. We used to live pretty much next door to each other while I was in grad school, and I'm super sad I don't get to see her as much, especially since she technically lives in San Antonio, but has been doing rotations in Ft Worth for PT school- talk about bad luck! On Saturday, Hannah and I went shopping because I needed some more 'business casual/professional' clothes for my next assignment, and I wanted to hit the back to school sales. I was able to find some really great deals and some really great cute clothes. I am really excited to get to wear them! Even Macie got in on the fun with a new bed, new extra fuzzy and soft blanket, and a new squeaky toy. Braden joked I'm not allowed to go shopping with Hannah anymore!

Macie was so excited to see Aunt Hannah!
Hannah's first Whataburger experience! She had never been before! If you are in Texas, you HAVE to eat at Whataburger
Macie was so excited for her new bed, blankie, and toy! She is so spoiled.
After shopping, we decided to head downtown to go see the Alamo and eat on the riverwalk. I love downtown San Antonio! It is really pretty and fun to explore. Seeing the Alamo is a really somber and historical experience.
The Alamo!
The inscription says: Legend states that in 1836 Lt. Col. William Barret Travis unsheathed his sword and drew a line on this ground before his battle weary men stating, "Those prepared to give their lives in freedom's cause, come over to me!""

After seeing the Alamo, we walked down to the riverwalk. It wasn't as crowded as the last time we went, but was still busy. It's a very fun experience, and the riverwalk is very pretty. I feel bad for any waiters having to work the outside because they have to carry those big platters and avoid lots of people!

We ate at a restaurant called The Republic of Texas. It was really good, and nice that we didn't have to wait too long. We even got a table right on the river which I recommend because you get to see all the boats and people going by, and because of all the ducks and fish. You can feed them and it's really fun!
Hannah and I with our cactus glass margs!
Braden and me at dinner
Our duck friend that hung out under our table for almost the whole meal.
Feeding frenzy! These fish are ridiculous. And really big.
On Saturday night, Hannah, Macie, and I had a sleepover at Hannah's apartment. It was so great getting to catch up with her! It almost felt like we were back in college again. This morning we went to IHOP for brunch and it was awful. I mean, you have pretty low expectations when you go to an IHOP, but this was just plain bad. We didn't have a waiter, the food was luke warm, and they got my order completely wrong. At least the company was good! 
This week is looking to be a busy week at work, and we have some licensing/registration stuff we need to get done this week which is always fun. Next weekend I will get to see my college roommate Charissa which will be really fun!
Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment