We have a new family member! Braden and I are proud to introduce the newest member of the Jones family, our new RAV4! We are excited to finally have our traveling SUV. It is a 2012 used RAV4 with AWD, useful for getting us up those snowy mountains to go snowboarding this winter! I always have to name my cars, and this one we have named Robin, since our other car is Bruce Wayne (get it? Batman and Robin!) He drives really nice and has a lot more room than Bruce. This week we are going to be updating our Arkansas licenses to Texas, and get the ball rolling on switching Bruce and Robin over to Texas as well.
My parents came into town Friday night, and we were able to go out to dinner with them and their old friends from San Antonio (we used to live here back in the day) which was fun. Also on Friday my good friend Kyrie was in town and it was so great to see her! We have known each other since the fifth grade, but became really good friends in high school. She was the one who taught me to snowboard, and took me down my first black diamond on the second time I ever snowboarded. She and her husband are expecting a baby boy! I am so happy for them, and it was good getting to catch up even for a little bit.
Saturday we took my parents to their favorite breakfast place, The Guenther House. It is a really fun place, and I was excited to get some yummy cinnamon rolls again. My mom was really excited to be there again (she hadn't been there since I was in middle school), and this elderly couple sitting across from us got the biggest kick out of listening to us.
![]() |
| Mom and me with our breakfast! They were delicious! |
![]() |
| Braden and me outside Guenther House on the river. He did not want to take a picture. |
After Guenther House, we headed out to Kerrville for a visit to the James Avery headquarters. The headquarters are beautiful, and they had a lot of deer everywhere. They were doing a special where if you bought 2 charms you get a free charm bracelet, so I got 2 charms to add to my bracelet (More about my charms later). Mom and Dad enjoyed learning a little more about the history of James Avery and seeing their beautiful headquarters.
![]() |
| Mommy and baby deer! |
We were originally planning on going to the Llano River State Park to float the river, but decided to go shopping in Fredericksburg instead. We were able to get some cute gifts for upcoming birthdays and Christmas (I always start my shopping early!) and enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. Macie got in on the fun with a new collar! She is ready for Baylor game day! Sic em Bears!

After Fredericksburg we came back to our hotel room and played Phase 10, which Braden and I lost both games horribly. This week Braden and I are going to be enjoying our new car and busy getting all our stuff changed to Texas. Next weekend my friend Hannah might be coming to town! Hopefully this week we will be able to be more consistent with our working out, it is hard to do when you have company and work late during the week sometimes.
Here's to making it a great week! It's crazy to think that we only have 7 weeks left in San Antonio!




No comments:
Post a Comment