Thursday, August 15, 2013

Only One Day Left!

This week has been a little crazy. Most weeks are pretty laid back and nothing weird or unordinary happens. Every once awhile, there will be a week when things get crazy. This has been one of those weeks. We have had multiple admits, people discharging to the hospital, and people refusing therapy, all of which mess up schedules and make your day a little more stressful because you have to make up time for the people you can't see, or risk being unproductive (which is a huge no-no). We have also had more than average inappropriate comments this week, which is always fun. Nothing like having a patient stare at your chest for the entire time you're talking to him! Gross. So as I keep telling my co-workers, if Britney Spears can make it through 2007 we can make it through this week!
While I have had more than my fair share of craziness this week, there have been some bright spots. The nursing home I work at is trying to take residents out of the facility for outings and since some of the people going are on therapy, I have gotten to go and help out my patients in a social setting. It is so much fun and the patients love it! We are taking another group to Cracker Barrel tomorrow, and when I told my patient she was going, she got so excited and had the biggest smile on her face. One of my other patients told me today that I was her favorite part of being at the nursing home. Things like this just make my heart so happy, and are a great reminder that even on a tough week, the bright spots are far more numerous than the dark!
I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment