Monday, August 5, 2013

San Antonio Zoo

This past week was really exciting! So exciting that I forgot to post about our weekend last weekend. After being out of town and/or busy for so many weeks in a row, we were exhausted. We ran errands Saturday morning and then were planning on going to the zoo, but then I laid down and turned on the TV and didn't move for the rest of the day. I even took a nap which I never ever do. We were watching Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, which is obviously the best one, and I was in that weird wake/sleep state where I was still listening to the movie, but was partially asleep. When I started to wake up Indiana Jones was still on so I thought I had never been asleep. It was when I opened my eyes and saw that Harrison Ford had suddenly aged twenty years (which is quite disorienting), that I realized I had actually slept through the end of the 3rd movie and woke up during the 4th movie.  This weekend we decided to actually go to the San Antonio Zoo. It's was pretty fun, but really hot! We didn't get to see a lot of the animals because they were all hiding from the heat in their dens. I think my favorite animal was probably the Fossa (from Madagascar) and the giant anteater, they were really cute. We also really enjoyed their Africa exhibit, which had Hippos, Zebras, and Crocodiles, and of course the reptile house is always fun.
Here we are with the elephant!
My friend the giant anteater
Scarlet Ibis. Anyone read that really sad story in school? They are beautiful birds!
The kangaroos just chilling

On Sunday afternoon, we went to Bar Louie at The Shops at La Cantera and enjoyed drinks and an appetizer. It was fun getting to just hang out. We are thrilled about my new assignment in California, and are having fun planning for different things to do there. We are still in the process of looking for a place (if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!) and I am busy researching speech therapy for autism. This next weekend my parents will be in town, so we have some fun things planned. We also are planning to add another (non-human) member of the family this week! I am glad to have Monday under the belt! As I have said before, the first five days after the weekend are always the hardest. Here's to having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment