How many different titles can I come up with that means "summary of our weekend"? Apparently quite a few!
This weekend was quite busy, yet relaxing at the same time. We are trying to do the last few things on our San Antonio bucket list before we leave in two weeks (!!!!!). I can't believe that it's almost time for us to move to LA!
This week was a very full 45 hour week at work. Friday was a little crazy, which I attribute to it being Friday the 13th. I never was superstitious until I worked in a nursing home- seriously, crazy things always happen around the full moon- and even now, in the wise words of Michael Scott, I am not super-stitious, just a little-sitious. If it had been Friday the 13th and a full moon (which is this week) I probably would not have even showed up to work!
Braden and I have been watching all the Harry Potter movies again, so on Friday night we got a Papa Murphy's pizza and watched The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2. Dobby dying and Harry going to meet Voldemort always make me tear up even though I've seen the movie and read the book many times!
Saturday we went to Schlitterbahn, which is apparently the best water park in the world. We were going to go earlier in the summer, but after reading some reviews, it was suggested to go in September when it wasn't as busy and lines would be shorter. We were really glad that we took that advice, because I can't imagine how busy it would've been had we gone in July! We had a lot of fun, and the water slides were really fun. A lot of the rides use natural river water from the Comal River which runs along the park, which was really really cold. Luckily it was hot outside so after the initial plunge it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed that most of the slides you rode down on tubes instead of body slides. They even have free parking and allow you to bring in your own food which is really nice. We were there most of the day, and since we were so close, we decided to hit the outlets in San Marcos for one last time. I was able to find a few more items for work clothes, as well as some fun weekend clothes. I even found a great dress for when we decide to go to Vegas! Macie wasn't too happy with us for being gone all day, but luckily she doesn't hold grudges!
Today was supposed to be a more relaxing day, but we ended up being gone quite a bit. My phone hasn't been working too well lately, so I wanted to use the warranty on it to get a new one. I ended up switching my Galaxy S3 to my mom's old iPhone, and I am SO GLAD to be back to Apple. I did not like the Galaxy at all.
Next weekend we are headed to the promised land, Waco, TX to go to the Baylor-ULM football game! I am so excited that we will be able to be back at Baylor before we move! Sic Em Bears!
I can't believe that I only have 2 more weeks of work, and that 2 weeks from today we will have arrived in California. Time flies when you're having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment