Saturday, September 7, 2013

Making The Cut

Since we are in Houston this weekend, we had to go back through all our stuff in order to downsize again before we move. Since this was our first assignment, I really had no idea what things we would and would not use. Here are some of the things that didn't make the cut:

1) Our stemware- while we like to be classy when we drink wine and martini's, solo cups will have to do

2) Sheets and towels-originally we weren't sure where we would be staying, and if we were staying in an apartment we would actually need these. However, since we are pretty sold on long term stay hotels, (paid utilities, provided towels, linens, and maid service can't be beat) we don't really need to bring our own.

3) Extra clothing- some dresses and t shirts had to stay in Houston

4) Panini maker- who doesn't like paninis? We sure do, but using our panini maker once in 4 months doesn't warrant taking it with us

5) Christmas socks- apparently, I thought bringing all twenty or so pairs of my Christmas socks was an absolute necessity. In fact, when I pulled the bag of socks and was like "Why did I bring all my Christmas socks?" My husband replied, "Do you really not remember this conversation? Because I clearly remember you going through your stuff and saying 'I really need my Christmas socks'" As much as I really love Christmas socks, they aren't coming with us to California

6) My sewing machine- I love my sewing machine, but unfortunately it takes up too much room so we can't bring it along.

Some things that we added to our inventory:

1) Braden's snowboard- a necessity for the winter! We will be those people with a snowboard on the roof of our car in September.

2) My horseback riding stuff- I am hoping to be able to find a place to ride in California, whether that be taking lessons or volunteering at a therapeutic riding center. Either way, I'll need my helmet, riding shoes,and half chaps. Luckily these won't take up too much room.

Since we are taking both our cars, Bruce and Robin, to California, we should have no problem fitting everything with some extra room for growth if needed. Here's to making the most of our last 3 weeks in San Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment