Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Don't Touch the Trophy!"

This week was Halloween, so things were a bit crazy at work. The kids really reacted to all the extra stimuli- sugar and all the candy.
Macie was very glad this Halloween that she got to snuggle in her bed and not have to wear her hot dog costume...it's in the POD!
On Halloween we dressed up at work. Since a costume wasn't on my list to bring with us, I made do with what we already had and was a football player

On Friday, things got a little bit crazy because there was a shooting at LAX airport. We don't live anywhere near LAX, so it didn't directly affect us except for the fact that my dad happened to be flying in that day. Luckily he flew into a different terminal than the one that the shooting happened at and arrived on time safely. However, the airport was completely closed and they weren't letting any traffic in or out so my dad had to walk about a mile to his hotel. When we were driving in there were people everywhere walking with all their luggage. It was pretty crazy. Luckily we didn't have any trouble picking Dad up, and sice we had some time to kill, we stopped at a Starbucks in Culver City, which is home to Sony Studios. It is really cute place with lots of little shops. We enjoyed sitting outside because the weather was beautiful and had a good time visiting.
After Starbucks, we headed to the Staples Center in downtown LA. The doors weren't open yet so we walked around a little bit and ended up in the Nokia Plaza where the Lakers had lots of promotioons going on.


Dad and me
Braden and me
This is the real deal! The Lakers' championship trophy from  2010. They had lots of security around and they kept saying "Don't touch the trophy!"
Braden and Dad
Since we went with my dad we got to watch the game in his company's suite. It was really awesome and the absolute best way to watch a sports game- great view, good food, and good drinks!
Braden and me in the suite
Dad and me
View from our seats
Celebrity sighting! Jason Sudeikis (blue hat) and Olivia Wilde!
Since we were in the suites we got the leave out the VIP exits and ended up like 10 feet from Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde. I am probably more excited about it than I should be, but it definitely crosses off "seeing a celebrity" off my LA bucket list. Oh LA life. I also think I might've seen a Jonas brother. There were lots of famous people but I couldn't tell who they were because they were walking away and I couldn't see their faces. The paparazzi were taking lots of pictures though! I am also really bad at spotting celebrities. Saturday I had a pretty bad fall but worked a half day anyway. Then I went shopping with two of the girls from our small group, which was a lot of fun except for the fact that I kept finding really great boots on sale for a good price and then the store would be out of my size. Lame. Since I wasn't feeling any better when I got home, we were worried I might have gotten a concussion so we ended up spending the better part of our evening in the urgent care clinic. Turns out I don't have a concussion but just probably have whip lash. I am feeling a little bit better, just really sore and have been taking it easy today. Hopefully this week will be a little bit more laid back than last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment