Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Won't Go Hollywood

This week has been really great! Tuesday night we visited a young marrieds small group with the church we have been going to, and we really enjoyed it a lot. It was great to meet other couples since we don't have any family or know anyone in the area. Work went well this week too, and I was even able to spend some time on Friday developing the program I want to implement. Saturday was of course spent watching college football (Go bears! still undefeated and #5 in the AP rankings!) and then Saturday night we went to Downtown Disney with a couple that we met at our small group, and had a lot of fun. We ate at ESPN Zone which is a really cool sports bar type place with tons of TV's and games, and the food was pretty decent too. We were able to walk around, and even got to watch end of the fireworks from Disneyland! 
Today we drove down to Hollywood. It's kinda underwhelming to be honest and definitely not as glamourous as you would think. I had been before, but Braden had never been. Unfortunately it was really smoggy/hazy so the mountains Hollywood sign weren't very clear.
Us with the Hollywood sign in the background. I promise it's there!
Hollywood sign
El Capitan Theater
George Clooney's hand and footprints at the Chinese Theater. Taken specially for my recruiter Amy!
Harry Potter cast
There are lots of people on the street dressed as different characters who want to take pictures  with you for money. If you look closely, you can see Minnie and Mickey Mouse, Jack Sparrow, Wolverine, Bumble Bee, and Optimus Prime
Us with Hollywood Blvd in the background- Jimmy Kimmel Live building
Hollywood and Highland Center
It was really fun just walking around and seeing the Walk of Fame, Hollywood sign, and the Dolby Theater, where the Oscar's are hosted. In the entryway they have every Best Picture winner and the year it won. It is definitely a must see if you are in California!
This week is Halloween, and I am trying to figure out what I am going to be because I'm supposed to dress in costume for school. Halloween costumes weren't exactly on my packing list. I wanted to go as a three hole punched version of Melissa (The Office reference), but Braden told me I wasn't allowed to because kids wouldn't get it (they wouldn't). My second choice was Harry Potter, but Party City didn't have a costume for that! My dad will also be in town this week, and is taking us to a Lakers game in the company suite! Can't wait! We are also officially getting to go to back to Houston for Thanksgiving and I am so excited to get to see my family. 
Here's to a great week! I can't believe the countdown to holiday season is almost here! I love Christmas and Thanksgiving (Calories don't count on those days, so let's all agree to just have a good time)

1 comment: