Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Staycation Recap!

Last week I was off work so we spent the week exploring the area, catching up on sleep (a few nights of 11 hours of sleep!), and having a lot of fun! On Tuesday, we were able to go to my favorite place in LA- Santa Monica! We walked around the 3rd street promenade and ate at my favorite restaurant, Barney's Beanery. After lunch, we went down to the pier and walked around. It was a really pretty day, and the only negative was the bad traffic on the way home!

Santa Monica pier!
CA coastline
On Thursday, we were able to go to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! I love Disneyland and was so excited to be back. I think I was more excited than most of the kids, and Braden told me if I didn't stop skipping he wouldn't walk with me. Sorry I'm not sorry I was so excited!

On the tram to go to Disney!
Disney had all their halloween decorations up
Since we went on a weekday mid-week, the lines weren't long at all, with the exception of a few rides. We were able to ride some rides multiple times! Since we got Hopper tickets where we could go to both parks (the way to go!), we went to both Disneyland and California Adventure.
Happiest place on earth!
Our picture from Space Mountain


It's a Small World
Braden's favorite ride was the Star Wars simulation ride
My favorite ride is Tower of Terror. We are in the back row!
Next up was Cars Land! It is really cool. When you turn down the street, you really feel like you're in the movie! The cars roller coaster was the ride we waited the longest for, but it was really fun and so well done. I love how Disney rides are so elaborate.

After the rides, we watched some of the Disney parade. It is quite a production.
Simba!
Mickey and Minnie
After the parade, we went back to California Adventure for the show "World of Color". It is an amazing water and lights show to music and clips from different Disney movies. The pictures don't do it justice, it was really incredible and even Braden liked it!



It was a long day, but so much fun! We are still trying to get used to looking out our back window and seeing mountains (and smog!) but it's something we don't mind getting used to!


Macie is loving California! She especially likes that it really sunny, the bigger room (all the more room to run around!) and the bigger bed (all the more room to stretch her little legs!). I have successfully survived 3 days of peds therapy- while I felt a little like a fish out of water the first day, I am starting to get the hang of it and get into the new routine. My dad was in town last night and we were able to go out to dinner with him. It's nice that he has so much work in the area and we will get to see him often. Here's to finishing out the week strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment