1. Hiking Enchanted Rock- the view was absolutely breathtaking! It was definitely worth the drive. I wish we would've had enough time to hike the trail around the rock and explore the caves.
2. Tower of the Americas- The views are simply amazing. Going to eat dinner is a really incredible experience.
2. Tower of the Americas- The views are simply amazing. Going to eat dinner is a really incredible experience.
3. Sporting events- We were able to go to two San Antonio Scorpions soccer games (a really great value and fun environment) and a Baylor football game. While Baylor is technically not in San Antonio, San Antonio is close to lots of other fun places in Texas.
4. Riverwalk/Alamo/The Guenther House- I lumped these together because they are all pretty much in the same place. If you are in San Antonio you have to go to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. We didn't get to go in and read all the history and stuff, but I highly recommend it. The Guenther House has the best breakfast and cinnamon rolls!
5. Schlitterbahn- The water park is the best I've been to. We waited to go in September when they weren't as busy. It was still pretty busy, so I can't imagine how terrible the lines would have been if we had gone in June or July!
6. Fredericksburg- Walking around main street and going to all the cute shops is really fun. They have some really good restaurants and a lot of the store fronts/buildings still have the original architecture. I wish we would have had time to visit the National Museum of the Pacific War.
7. Shopping- One of our favorite things was getting to go to the outlet mall in San Marcos. La Cantera is also a really great outdoor mall that's really pretty.
8. Retama Park- I love horses, and getting to watch horse racing is always fun. The local racetrack has really good drink and food deals on certain days, so its a really cheap and fun date night, even if you don't like to gamble!
9. Port Aransas- again, this isn't in San Antonio, but you can't beat a beach 2.5 hours away! We have been going to PA for years, and it's always lots of fun.
10. James Avery/Kerrville- If you're in the area you need to go to the James Avery headquarters! Also in Kerrville is a replica of Stonhenge, which is so random but really fun to visit!
One thing we didn't get to do was going to a bat preserve to watch 7 million bats fly out of their cave. It sounds pretty creepy but also really cool at the same time.
We loved our time in San Antonio!
4. Riverwalk/Alamo/The Guenther House- I lumped these together because they are all pretty much in the same place. If you are in San Antonio you have to go to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. We didn't get to go in and read all the history and stuff, but I highly recommend it. The Guenther House has the best breakfast and cinnamon rolls!
5. Schlitterbahn- The water park is the best I've been to. We waited to go in September when they weren't as busy. It was still pretty busy, so I can't imagine how terrible the lines would have been if we had gone in June or July!
6. Fredericksburg- Walking around main street and going to all the cute shops is really fun. They have some really good restaurants and a lot of the store fronts/buildings still have the original architecture. I wish we would have had time to visit the National Museum of the Pacific War.
7. Shopping- One of our favorite things was getting to go to the outlet mall in San Marcos. La Cantera is also a really great outdoor mall that's really pretty.
8. Retama Park- I love horses, and getting to watch horse racing is always fun. The local racetrack has really good drink and food deals on certain days, so its a really cheap and fun date night, even if you don't like to gamble!
9. Port Aransas- again, this isn't in San Antonio, but you can't beat a beach 2.5 hours away! We have been going to PA for years, and it's always lots of fun.
10. James Avery/Kerrville- If you're in the area you need to go to the James Avery headquarters! Also in Kerrville is a replica of Stonhenge, which is so random but really fun to visit!
One thing we didn't get to do was going to a bat preserve to watch 7 million bats fly out of their cave. It sounds pretty creepy but also really cool at the same time.
We loved our time in San Antonio!
No comments:
Post a Comment