Saturday, November 16, 2013
I Just Want Some Queso!
Being from Texas, I have a huge love for Mexican food- or should I say "Tex-Mex". I love burritos, and quesadillas, and enchiladas, and chalupas, and of course, queso. I really love queso. For any of you uncultured people who don't know what queso is, it is divine melty cheesy goodness heaven with tortilla chips. Each restaurant's queso is different, but it's always there right at the top of the appetizers on the menu. Yesterday I was really wanting Mexican food, especially queso. None of my reliable Texas chains were in the area (disappointing California!) so I found a place that got good reviews on Urbanspoon and we decided to check it out. It has been way too long since I had had queso! We went to a local place called Los Portales. It is located in an unassuming strip mall and looks quite unimpressive from the outside- like you might get food poisoning. But on the inside, it was really nice. We were soon seated, I grabbed the menu, and...they didn't have queso!! I was really disappointed. I just wanted some queso! The food was good, but quite a bit different than the Tex-Mex I am used to eating. I guess the food is more true Mexican and isn't as spicy. They even had a live piano player which made the atmosphere really relaxing and enjoyable. I think we will definitely go back, but this time I won't get myself excited about eating queso. I'm hoping when we are home for Thanksgiving that I will get my fill of Tex Mex, and maybe even some of my aunt's delicious homemade queso (hint hint).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment