Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hollywood Hike!

This week was exhausting. Work has been pretty crazy lately, and both of us have been having trouble sleeping. Thankfully on the weekends we are able to catch up on our sleep! I can tell I am becoming more accustomed to being an "LA Driver" because I was driving in and out of all four lanes of traffic on my way to a work appointment. Driving in LA is definitely an experience- people are the meanest drivers! On Thursday night I was able to get off of work in time for us to head to Buffalo Wild Wings to catch the second half of the Baylor-Oklahoma game. We were the only ones in the bar cheering for Baylor, but it was so much fun! I am so proud of the bears- 8-0 and ranked 4th in the AP poll! Sic Em! On Friday we were able to go see Ender's Game in the theaters, which is a movie Braden really wanted to see. It was pretty good, but some things were kinda weird. I am excited for the next Hunger Games movie to come out later this month. Yesterday we slept for 12 hours (I did mention that we have been using our weekends to catch up on sleep) which was amazing, then in the afternoon went shopping and then out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse (yum!). 
Today we went to Griffith Park/Griffith Observatory in the mountains near Hollywood to hike. It is absolutely beautiful there. Unfortunately, after being crystal clear all week, the smog was back today so the pictures and views weren't exactly crystal clear. It was still a lot of fun, and the views were breathtaking. You could see absolutely everything. I can't imagine how amazing it would've been without the smog!


On the hike we walked by a guy in a guy in a cowboy hat who was excited about meeting another Texan (I was wearing my Texas flag shorts! Which people in LA don't seem to get..I keep getting compliments about how 'patriotic' I am), and a fellow Baylor grad who did a "sic em bears!" with me. While we were talking, another guy walked by and said "didn't Baylor lose the other night?" to which he replied "no, we don't do that anymore." Kinda made my day. I love running into other Baylor grads!
LA Skyline
Griffith Observatory
Hollywood sign
Much better picture with the Hollywood sign!
Panoramic of the view from the top of the lookout. on the right is the Hollywood sign, on the left is downtown LA!

Downtown LA and the Griffith Observatory
Unfortunately, Macie couldn't come with us because the hike would've been to hard for her and her little legs. I can't believe Thanksgiving is so soon! And Christmas is just around the corner :) I will have to get us a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree or something since all our decorations are in our POD! Tomorrow I am off work for Veteran's Day, and I am really glad for another day to sleep in. We might just hang around, or we might go to one of my favorite museums, The Getty!

No comments:

Post a Comment