Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend Update

This weekend was really fun, and a much needed re-charge from a less than ideal end of the week. I have officially finished 2 out of the 13 weeks of my assignment here in San Antonio/Kerrville, and have really enjoyed it overall. One of the things I have really enjoyed at the placement are my coworkers, and of course the patients. I am still enjoying the 45 minute commute, although ask me in a month and I might have changed my mind! My new company, Advanced Medical, has been really awesome at supporting me with transitioning into the new position and city, and after a little rough end of the week, it was great to be able to talk with my recruiter, Amy, and know that I always have someone cheering for me in my corner!
On Friday night we were able to go to Olive Garden and have a wonderful dinner thanks to the gift card from my sweet coworkers from Northwest Arkansas (LOVE you guys!). It was nice to be able to dress up in something other than scrubs, get out of the hotel, and not have to cook! As always, I had one, um well probably a few too many breadsticks, and super yummy mushroom ravioli.
On Saturday morning, we went to breakfast at The Guenther House in San Antonio.




















This is where Pioneer Flour was started, and apparently the factory used to be the tallest building in San Antonio. We had to wait for 45 minutes before we were seated, but it is located on beautiful grounds with a museum and lots of benches and seating, and on the Riverwalk so the view is beautiful. I had been here before a long time ago, and it was even better than I remembered and well worth the 45 minute wait.



Cinnamon Roll Heaven!

Their cinnamon rolls are awesome! And tasted just as good reheated the next day.

After we went to breakfast, we came back to the hotel, got Macie, and went to Guadalupe River State Park, about 30 minutes away. It is a beautiful park! It was really hot so we didn't stay too long, but it was fun to hike along the river. Macie had a good time but was definitely tired and ready to nap the rest of the day once we got home.
Guadalupe River
Macie and Me

Macie taking a water break
That night we met up with some of Braden's friends from college at the San Antonio Scorpions game. They are a professional soccer team. This is the team's first season, so the atmosphere was really fun and the stadium really nice. 
Us at the game
These guys were the unofficial cheerleaders. Yes, the guy on the left is wearing a kilt. They led the stands in fun cheers like: "You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas!" "Hey [other team] you suck!" and "I believe that we will win!"
The Scorpians won and it was a really fun environment. All the fans were really into the game, and it was our first time at a professional soccer game. We would definitely go back!
In other areas of note, I finally figured out how to do a fishtail braid, which I have been trying to figure out for forever, and I bought something I always said I never would: my first pair of Chaco's!
After hiking in tennis shoes, and planning on doing more hiking and floating trips this summer, I decided I needed some more versatile outdoorsy shoes. I finally went over to the dark side. Super excited to get to use them on all our outdoorsy adventures!
This weekend was lots of fun, and I can't wait until next weekend when we go to Seaworld!

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment