Saturday, October 4, 2014

Long Overdue Update

Last time I posted we were both unemployed and had no idea what our next step would be. Since then we have had some very exciting developments. We have rented a beautiful town home in a great area, I have started a full time job, and we have successfully picked out and put together our first piece of IKEA furniture!
For three weeks I worked 2 days in a school district down in Colorado Springs. It was a little bit of a drive, but I was thankful for work. I really enjoyed the school setting and working with kids again. I was working with the preschool, middle school, and high school kiddos so I was kept busy. I was super sad to have to leave when I accepted a full time position in a skilled nursing facility in Greeley, CO. It's about an hour drive in traffic which is still a little bit of a commute, but not nearly as long as to Colorado Springs! I started my full time job Wednesday, so it's taken a little bit of getting back into the work routine. I like the facility and my patients, just have to get to work building a caseload! My work that I am thrilled about is my job with doing hippotherapy. On Saturday's I will get the opportunity to work with kiddos and horses. It's my perfect job combining my two favorite things: speech therapy and horses! I also get to just go ride the horses- therapy horses need breaks! I am so excited to get started with regular sessions next Saturday. Braden will start working with a local soccer club as an assistant coach soon, and is still in the process of looking for a full time job. Hopefully we will have some good news on that front soon! He has also been invited to play in a men's league so he is excited to actually be playing soccer again.
We are just thrilled with our new house. It is a town home in an area that has a lot of development going on: a Whole Foods is opening soon within walking distance, as well as some restaurants and shops. It is 3 stories- on the first floor is the garage, entryway, and an office/study. The second floor has the kitchen, half bath, dining area, and living room (with a fire place!), and the third floor has 2 bedrooms and bathrooms. We have ordered our POD with all our furniture to be delivered and I can't wait to get to decorate and find out all the things we thought we needed to keep in the POD (I'm sure there will be several things that we will be like why did we think we needed to keep this?!). It was supposed to be delivered Wednesday, then they said it was delayed so pushed it back to Friday, then they delayed it again and now it's supposed to be delivered Monday. Not really sure why it is taking so long (almost 2 weeks!) to get our POD from northwest Arkansas to Denver (about a 13 hour drive), but we are not exactly happy with POD's right now. In the meantime, our air mattress will have to suffice. Since before we moved we sold pretty much all of our electronics, we did buy a TV this week. We also bought a new TV stand from IKEA. We did the design it yourself option so it's exactly what we want and looks really nice in the living room- just had a minor mishap with the doors, we had originally bought the wrong size so Braden had to exchange them for the right size. Now it's finished and looks very nice with our new TV on it. We are just waiting on our couch so we actually have a comfy place to sit and not on the floor. It will also be nice to have a table again. For the last 2 weeks we have been eating on the floor and using cardboard boxes as our tables.
Macie is loving the new place! She loves having more space to run around and play fetch in. She also loves going on walks and chasing the bunnies around our neighborhood. She also loves sun bathing on our balcony.
We are enjoying the Colorado beauty! Since we have been transitioning and moving and working we haven't had too much opportunity to explore the area but I'm sure some hiking adventures aren't far away. Our bodies are finally adjusting to the altitude and we don't get winded walking up the stairs anymore.  It seems like every time we get in the car and drive and see mountains we just say "hey...we live here!" We are looking forward to finding a church and getting plugged in and meeting new people. We are getting so excited for snowboarding season- there has been some snow in the mountains this week and it's so amazing seeing those snow capped peaks!  With the snow in the mountains comes some cooler temperatures. This week it's been in the 30's ad 40's at night and in the 60's and 70's during the day- it is heavenly!
Through all the successes and setbacks that we have had since leaving Washington, we continue to try to keep our eyes on God. As I was reminded this week, some days I lose the battle but grace says it doesn't matter because the cross has already won the war. Though the most encouragement came from a conversation that I was able to have with my mom's cousin Lynn, who in response to me telling her about how we were frustrated because we felt that God had lead us to Denver but then were experiencing so many setbacks and frustrations, said in her experience it's when God is the most clear about what He wants us to do it's not because it will be easy but it's because it will be difficult and He wants us to know for sure that we are where He wants us. We feel confident that for the foreseeable future that God wants us in Denver and we are excited for what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment