Sunday, November 23, 2014

ASHA 2014

I had a great time at ASHA 2014!
I know I am loooong overdue for an update and I promise it's coming! Things have been really busy with lots of visitors and still trying to get our townhouse together. AND we had snow last week! In November! That's a little crazy for this Texan. I definitely was baptized by fire (er, snow?) when it comes to my snow driving!
ASHA this year was in Orlando, Florida. I was especially excited to be able to be in Florida because I finally got to go to the Advanced Medical office in Florida! It was so much getting to meet all the faces behind the voices on the phone. Kelsey, the other SLP mentor, and I were able to stay at the amazing Star  Island Resort for the conference - I had a jacuzzi in my room! On Wednesday we went to the conference center to set up the booth:



Thursday and Friday we were ready to go bright and early! It was so fun getting to meet and talk to so many different people about travel therapy. If you're thinking about traveling, there's no time like right now to get started. I heard so many times "I might be interested in a few years, but...."  There will always be "buts" but if it's something you really want to do, you will be able to find a way to do it. Like I told many of you, Braden and I never thought we would be able to travel, but we kept talking and talking about how awesome it would be (in between many conversations with my awesome recruiter) and decided we would go for it. It's been an amazing journey! Of course not everything is easy, but the goods have by far out weighed the bad. 



I was able to get some amazing treatment materials that I am so excited to get to implement in my treatments! My current materials are pretty shabby. On Friday night we were all able to go to Medieval  Times. I had never been before, and it was AMAZING. Our knight won! Go blue knight! I was also able to go to Harry Potter World, which I will save for its own post because it was AMAZING. The whole week was such as blast but I am glad to be home with my husband and puppy who were both very glad to see me.
Back to the work routine tomorrow!
I am already excited for ASHA 15 in Denver!


If you have any questions about travel please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment