Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Leap of Faith

Usually about a month away from starting a new job I make a big announcement about where we will be heading next and what new job I will start. I love getting to announce our new adventure- getting to go and work in new places is what I love about travel. If you're observant, you might have noticed that this time I haven't made a big announcement. That's because, as of now, I don't have a new job. 
My last day at my job in Washington was last Friday, August 29th.
We have both felt that our next step should be to Colorado. My licensing came through with miraculous speed-when I called the state boards to ask about the progress on my license they informed me that my license had in fact been approved a few hours before. That has never, ever happened to me in all of my license applications. When we didn't have a job while we were still in Washington we had a few back up plans which didn't involve driving immediately to Colorado. They all fell through but God provided a place for us to stay in Colorado. 
But here we are over a week after arriving in Colorado and still no job. I've experienced a wide range of emotions over the past week and a half- frustration, anxiety, excitement, and anger. I kept asking myself over and over if God is leading us to Colorado, then why don't I have a job? If this is where we are called to be, then why hasn't it been easy? There have been a few job options but they have felt like the proverbial carrot in front of the horse: close enough but just tantalizingly out of reach. 
I think back to time and time again during our travels where God has provided and made a way for us. I know my calling won't always be easy. After all, how many biblical examples had it easy after following what God wanted them to do? I know that God has come through for us so many times in the past and I know He will come through for us now. Waiting is the hardest part. 
So that's where we are right now. We are waiting. I don't know what's next for us, but I trust in the One who does.
Throughout this whole process I am so thankful to be working for Advanced Medical. Amy and Seth have been working tirelessly in trying to get me a new position and have gone above and beyond the call of duty. It makes the process a little easier having complete trust in the team at Advanced Medical. You guys at amazing!
For those of you asking how Colorado is, it's amazing. We love it here. It's gorgeous and it's impossible to get tired of seeing mountains when you look out the window. The altitude is taking awhile to get used to. I went running for the first time yesterday. I made it, but barely. I felt like my oxygen supply had been cut off from my brain but slowly but surely my body is adjusting. 
We appreciate your prayers as we go through this transition of waiting. I will update everyone as soon as any new information comes through! In fact, as I was typing this I received a phone call to  interview for a part time position with a hippotherapy (therapy using horses) practice. If you know me, you know this is right up my alley!
Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment