Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy in Huntsville

This past month has actually been pretty great. Last month we moved into our little apartment- it's an apartment that used to be a garage on a property about 4 miles outside of Huntsville, but still within 10 minutes of my work. It is really cute and it has been fun living in a little house instead of one room. There are lots of animals that live on the property, a donkey, miniature horse, and goat all serve as the lawnmowers. Macie loves growling at all the animals! It really does feel like home, even though our only furniture is two chairs, a small table, and an air mattress. It's the little things that make it feel like home- for me, it's my pictures and the magnets and pictures on the fridge. Putting them up is one of the first things I do whenever we get to a new place.




Macie has adjusted to life in the country. She loves running around and just generally being cute.


...Except when I come downstairs at my parent's house to find her on the kitchen table. There wasn't any food or dishes, or anything, she was just chilling. I guess she wanted to know what it's like to be tall!

On the weekends we have still been going down to Sugar Land and staying with my parents. It's been great getting to hang out with family, as well as getting to go ride at my barn. I have been getting to help bring back my instructor's mare Charisma who has been on a maternity leave of sorts for 7 years. It has been so much fun getting to ride again! I have been getting to ride on Wednesday's and again on the weekends. I didn't realize how much I missed getting to ride consistently. It's something I definitely hope to continue even after we move again.
This past weekend we were able to go up to Dallas to spend Easter with my family. My brother and his family were there as well which is always fun. I was able to work Sunday-Thursday last week so getting the three day weekend was awesome. On Friday we went to Top Golf. It was pretty fun I guess, but seeing as I have never played golf in my life, it was kinda more frustrating than fun.


I was so excited to get to meet my friend and former roommate Charissa at In-N-Out! I hadn't had In-N-Out since we had left California, so that was obviously yummy, and it was even better getting to catch up with a dear friend. We talked for like 4 hours! It was great getting to catch up before we both leave Texas.


On Saturday, we were able to go to an outlet mall, which is one of our favorite things. We just so happened to hit J Crew on a 50% off the whole store day, so I was able to get a few cute things for work/play. For lunch we went to a DELICIOUS German restaurant in downtown Plano called Jorg's and it was so so yummy. I love schnitzel.  I was also able to meet up with my friend Hannah, who I hadn't seen in almost a year! It was so much fun catching up.

Sunday was obviously Easter, so we went to church and then had an Easter egg "hunt" for JT. He was pretty into it for the first twenty or so eggs, but then the adults had to pick up the remaining 40!




It was great getting to see everyone! Work has been crazy busy, but it's so nice to be busy instead of not busy. It's a good thing I love my job so much! Speaking of work, we are starting the process of finding our next placement! Hopefully we will find out this week..!! We joined a gym for the last month we are here, and it was nice to be able to work out again, although I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow! There are no signs of life slowing down for this Jones family!


No comments:

Post a Comment