Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Port Aransas, TX

This past weekend was so much fun! We were able to go down to the Texas coast to Port Aransas. This was the location of many family vacations when I was growing up and I was so excited to get to go back after so many years and get to show Braden. My dad's entire family was there so it was fun getting to see so much family.
Friday night after dinner everyone went out to the beach and flew kites. The sunset was really pretty! The next morning we went and walked the jetty, which is what helps form the channel into Corpus Christie. I remember walking the jetty as a little girl! It was fun except being really scared that I was going to get hooked by one of the people fishing. That seriously is a big fear of mine.
The rest of the weekend was spent going shopping at these cute little boutiques, tacky tourist stores (of course we had to get tacky Port Aransas tank tops), and hanging out at the beach and the pool. This creepy guy gave me a live sand dollar, which was really cool- they have these little hair like things on them that suck on you. On Saturday, the big to-do was this huge oil rig went through the channel out into the gulf. The size was impressive and apparently it cost 30 billion dollars. Wow.
It was a really great weekend and so much fun hanging out with family. In other news, I got my California license in the mail, and Alaska should be here soon too! Can't wait to find out where we will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment