Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mom and Dad are Here!

I love having family in town! This past weekend my parents were in town all the way from Texas. I was super thankful that I was able to work Sunday which gave me Friday off. We headed up to Kent on Thursday night and were abel to enjoy a fun dinner at a local brewery/restaurant called Airways. My dad loves airplanes so he really loved it. Their food (and beer!) was really good!

The gang at Airways
Friday we split up in to girls and boys. The girls went garage saleing while the boys went to the salmon locks and around town! I was able to find a super fancy electric wine bottle opener for $2. I am pretty excited about it because I can't open a bottle of wine to save my life. I always tear out the center of the cork! Mom found lots of good deals on baby clothes for nephews #1 and #2 (who should be making his arrival within the next few weeks!). That night we had a dinner get together with some people we've known for years- we went to church with them when I was growing up. It was fun catching up with them!
Saturday we went back up to Rainier National Park to try to hike the Naches Peak Trail again. If you remember, Braden and I had tried to hike it about  6 weeks ago but found everything covered in snow still. We had much different scenery this time! Everything was green, and the lakes that had been frozen over were thawed. The wildflowers were in full bloom, and unfortunately the mosquitos were too. It was so pretty! The views were absolutely gorgeous. Other than getting eaten alive by mosquitos (I got over 50 bites!) it was glorious.




Mountain selfie!




Mount Rainier

Tipsoo Lake


On Sunday we were able to go to my childhood church, and then go to Sea Fair and watch the Blue Angels perform. They are amazing! I would be terrified to fly so close to other airplanes and do the spin moves and stuff, but they do everything perfect.



There are all 6 Blue Angels in this picture- they fly so close!
It was a great weekend but unfortunately too short. It was back to the work grind far too soon. Mom and Dad got back to Texas safely yesterday. This week I am trying to take it easy and hydrate hydrate hydrate because MY HALF MARATHON IS SATURDAY. I can't believe it's already here! Training has been completed and now I just have that short little 13.1 miles to go. Sarah and I are heading down to Oregon on Friday evening and then we run first thing Saturday morning!
Here's to finishing out the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment