Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weekend Roundup!

This weekend was busy but a lot of fun! Friday I got to work a shorter day because I had worked a few extra during the week. We were able to make it into Ken before the traffic started. We were able to house sit for some friends which was awesome since we were a lot closer to Seattle. Less driving! I will say it was nice having an oven so we could get some of our favorite Papa Murphy's pizza. The nice thing about running so much is I get to eat lots of carbs! On Saturday morning I had a long run- 9 miles! I felt pretty awful when I woke up and was expecting the run to be miserable. I was pleasantly surprised and had my best run ever and run an extra mile for a total of 10! My split was my best on a long mileage run: 8:47/mile. Bring it on Huckleberry Half!
After the run, we met up with some friends from California, Chris and Kim at Pike Place Market. We were able to get some beautiful flowers as well as some art prints for our future home! 

Kim and Me


Braden and Me

Our very Seattle art prints- I love the Impressionist style
After the market, we walked down to the water front and ate at Red Robin.

Beautiful water, Washington ferry, and the Olympic mountains!


That afternoon, we headed to the races at Emerald Downs! We had fun betting against each other. I ended up winning our pool! 



On Sunday, we went out to Snowqualmie falls! It is absolutely beautiful!



This week has been super busy again at work. It's hard to believe that after this week I will only have 4 weeks left at my job here. We should be finding out soon where we will be heading next and I can't wait! My parents are in town next week and it will be great to get to spend some time with them. This weekend I will be working on Sunday so I can have next Friday off to spend more time with my parents. On Saturday we are planning to drive around the peninsula! It should be beautiful!
Here's to finishing out the week! (and I have to run 11.5 miles on Saturday! eek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment