Friday, March 14, 2014

Los Angeles Top 10

Ok, I know that we left LA almost a month ago, which is hard to believe, but it's never too late to post about my favorite things! Here are my favorite things we experienced in LA (or the area)
 
 
1. Las Vegas- I know this isn't technically LA, but since we went when we were on assignment there it counts. Vegas was SO MUCH FUN. We went with some friends from church, and stayed at the Luxor, which is the big pyramid. One of these days I'll get around to posting a full post about Vegas...
 
2. Disneyland- Do I even need to explain this one? Disney is the best.
 
3. Hollywood hike/Griffith Observatory- Absolutely beautiful views when there isn't tons of smog!
 
4. La Jolla beach- This is just a short drive down the 5! Beautiful cove and lots of cute little shops
 
5. Santa Monica Third St Promenade and Pier- I love Santa Monica, it's my favorite part of LA. Going down to the pier is fun, and I love shopping at the promenade. My Favorite restaurant, Barney's Beanery, is located there.
 
6. Lakers game- sporting events are always fun! Especially when there's a chance you might rub shoulders with a celebrity..
 
7. Snowboarding- This would be higher on the list, only they didn't have a lot of snow this year so we only got to go once before we left. It's awesome to be so close to the beach and the mountains!
 
8. Restaurants- There are so many great restaurants in LA that haven't made it to the main stream US yet. Like Pieology (it's like Chipotle, but for PIZZA. How has this not made it nationwide yet?!) and Bruxie (a gourmet waffle sandwich place). In-N-Out is also really awesome.
 
9. Hollywood- Hollywood is kinda gross, and sketchy to be honest, but I feel like you have to go see it. At the very least you need to take your picture with the Hollywood sign and with your favorite movie star's hand and foot prints!
 
10. The People- we loved our church and our small group when we were in LA. In fact, they are what we miss the most.
 
 
NOT Top 5
Here are the things we don't miss about LA:
 
1. Everyone freaking out when wet stuff (AKA rain) falls from the sky and a massive freak out ensues:
 




I wish this was an exaggeration, but it is completely true. Earthquakes? Not a problem. Fire? Whatever. But rain? No freaking way.

2. Being able to see the air you're breathing. The issue is real. Smog is no joke.

3. The traffic. Every time I hear somebody complain about traffic here in Texas, I feel the need to say, "I just moved from LA, believe me, this is nothing."

4. CRV- I love not having to pay an extra 5 cents on every bottle and can I buy

5. Prices- gasoline is routinely around 50 cents a gallon cheaper, and pretty much everything else is too.


We loved our time in California, and definitely will be back to visit! Some of the things we never got to do but really wanted to were to go to a taping of a TV show and go wine tasting. It just gives us something to do whenever we go back! Update from Texas coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment